Biofuels will always be a green energy source. It’s been around for a very long time and lately, many individuals are starting to take notice.

Liquid biofuel like the one used in cars is really a natural and renewable domestic fuel that can simply be used for diesel engines. This can be made from vegetable oils namely soy and corn. The good thing regarding it is that it contains no petroleum, is nontoxic and biodegradable.

By fueling track of biofuel, you reduce the pollutants up since it does not emit anything. Right now, it is the only fuel authorized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), has passed every Heath-Effects Test of the Climate Act and meets what’s needed of the California Air Resources Board (CARB).

If you’re skeptical about biodiesels, studies have shown that the performance on the road is equally as good as petroleum when it comes to power and efficiency, hauling and climbing. This can be used in the purest form or blended with petroleum fuel. The most typical additive on the market is 20/80 and is known as “B20.” Which means that it’s 20% biodiesel and the remainder is 80%. Another version may be the E85 that is fuel made up of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.

When cars first presented at turn of the Twentieth century, Henry Ford planned to create these vehicles especially the Model T’s run using ethanol. Tests have even shown that these cars may also run using peanut oil.

This never materialized because huge oil deposits were found and diesel was cheap. It was only if our demand for oil increased within the 1970′s, 1980′s, 1990′s as well as in the first part of this year that people began to understand that to reduce our demand for foreign oil that people should try using biodiesels and other forms of renewable power.

Could it be too late? Not since there is still time for you to use biofuels and other fuels as green energy sources.

Is your vehicle due for a transmission flush? If so, click here to find out where and how you can get this completed.

Tagged with:

Filed under: Trucks-SUVS

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!